It should be noted that the BioFlex System has a significant number of features differentiating it from other products. The most important are:
- Scientifically developed and clinically researched protocols for application to specific disease entities
- A wide variety of adjustable treatment parameters permitting an infinite number of permutations and combinations of therapeutic protocols
- The highly effective three stage therapeutic approach
- The ability to customize treatment, an invaluable component unique in the industry
- Flexible large surface treatment arrays
- Normal and pathology oriented anatomical tutor
- Hands-free treatment application
- Total accuracy, flexibility and reproducibility
- Effective in over 95% of patients treated
- Operation in both portable and stationary mode with all systems
- Instant electronic retrieval of patient files
- Permanent database including all aspects of patient information (i.e. diagnosis, therapy, billing records, etc.)
- Ongoing protocol updates that are easily incorporated into existing software
- Safety features ensuring completely safe operation of all systems
- Sensors are incorporated in each BioFlex probe and array to indicate activity
- Systems can only be activated if array/probe in contact with tissues (prevents potential ocular damage)
- The BioFlex System is designed not only to provide therapy but also to facilitate "clinical research" by therapists (i.e. develop new protocols)
It should be noted that in over two million individual applications to date, a 95% significant improvement/cure rate has been achieved. Moreover throughout this process, no significant adverse effects have been observed. In applying the current standard of evidence-based medicine, it is clear that this System is the most advanced and sophisticated therapeutic device currently available on a global basis.
The ability to prescribe over an almost infinite range of parameters makes the System unique. For example, if there are several areas of dermatological pathology in the same patient, one can initiate treatments based on standard protocols, utilizing a different approach for each area. This quickly allows the therapist to determine the most effective clinical response, with variations based on genetic and environmental influences. The System allows a balanced approach permitting the development of protocols on an individualized basis. This process is referred to as "customization." This method accommodates a variety of factors, some of which may be unknown and will allow the therapist to develop the correct protocols for each situation, particularly when the standard therapy is less than effective or plateaus.
In contrast, today's pharmacological practice prescribes the same dose of medication to the 250 lb. male and the 90 lb. female. It should be evident to anyone that this is inappropriate, yet most prescriptions are dispensed in this fashion. By comparing the rationale and elegance of the laser approach, one can easily comprehend the logic for individualization of therapeutic protocols. Unquestionably, this is one of the most important aspects of effective therapy.
In summary, the above points are just a few of the characteristics differentiating the BioFlex System from other devices.